These are my links for April 3rd through April 5th:
- Palestinian teen in critical condition after being shot in head by Israeli forces – International Middle East Media Center – Less than lethal?
- The Costs of Owning a Car – Wheels Blog – NYTimes.com – Nearly $9,000/year for a car vs. less than $400/year for a bike
- Police ‘assaulted’ bystander who died during G20 protests | World news | The Observer
- Notes: An evening with strike leaders at 3arabawy – Hossam elHamalawy reports from a meeting of labor activists in Egypt
- Juror Bethany Newill talks about the Ward Churchill trial – Great interview with one of the jurors in the Ward Churchill case which, among other things, contradicts all this bunk about how the jury was sending a message to Churchill by rewarding him only $1 in financial rewards. Thanks to Max Forte for the link.
- Ward Churchill’s Court Victory: Benjamin Whitmer, Eric Verlo, Michael Roberts, and Juror Bethany Newill « OPEN ANTHROPOLOGY – I don’t know where Max Forte finds all the time to read all this material about Ward Churchill’s case in addition to crafting an excellent summary, but I thank him for this wonderful piece
- Palestine’s Island Paradise, Now With a Word from its Creator – A beautiful map of “The Archipelago of Eastern Palestine”
- The Angry Arabs’ comments section: Jewish Taliban – “Two female ministers in Israel’s new right-wing government have already lost their cabinet posts – at least in certain ultra-orthodox Jewish newspapers.”
- ‘Just World News’ with Helena Cobban: Lieberman: No more ‘Israbluff’ – “Let each nation and group of nations pursue its own interests calmly and in a focused way and without participating any more in the mendacious edifice that the “peace process” has become ever since the solid principles of Madrid were transformed into the hocus-pocus of Oslo.”
- The “Blog” of “Unnecessary” Quotation Marks – A blog entirely dedicated to one of my all-time greatest typographical pet peeves
Tags: apartheid, bikes, cars, design, Egypt, G20, humor, Israel, Judaism, jury, labor, Lieberman, Ni`lin, PeaceProcess, police, security, strikes, transportation, UltraOrthodox, violence, WardChurchill, WestBank, Zionism