These are my links for February 5th through February 7th:
- Petition on Tuition: There’s a Party and We’re Not Invited – AUC's inauguration, coming months late, was indeed quite a scene, though I wouldn't have been welcome to see it for myself. I heard it was awful, predictably enough.
- A market of the living amidst the tombs of the dead: Inside Souq el-Gomma – I just visited the Souq el-Gomma last Friday and had a great time. I'm somewhat glad I didn't get a chance to write down my observations, as this article by one of my favorite local journalists encapsulates much of what I would have had to say, except maybe for the mention of the bald dude in a Liberace fur jacket openly trying to sell a high-powered rifle (scope included) around the toilet plumbing section.
- Rizk’s family file case against Banha police, faculty to demand AUC intervention | AUC Caravan –
- Egypt police detain Egyptian-German activist | World | Reuters – "Rizk, who blogs at Tabula Gaza (http://tabulagaza.blogspot.com) is "passionate" about Gaza and had recently completed most of the work on a short documentary about non-violent resistance to Israeli occupation"
- Defense and the National Interest » On War #290: Blowback Revisited – Not coming from my perspective, really, but an interesting analysis of what we might expect from returning vets who may have been learning lessons from all the wrong models (in my opinion) of life in a stateless society.